Apply Now to Be a TGS Graduate Intern
The Graduate School (TGS) is seeking to hire one graduate intern for four quarters (10-15 hours/week), beginning Winter 2023. The appointment pays a stipend supplement of $800/month. The intern will work on projects within the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) and the Training Grant Support Office (TGSO). These projects include:
- updating the OPA’s professional development tool and devising a schedule for maintaining future updates.
- conducting research on policies and procedures at peer institutions.
- assisting with organization of an online mentor training program.
- other projects and duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
Applicants must be self-motivated, excellent communicators, and able to work independently. We especially welcome applications from candidates who have:
- web management skills; experience with Cascade is a plus.
- excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- an interest in academic administration and higher ed policy.
- experience with policy review and research.
- strong writing skills.
This position is open to TGS PhD students from all disciplines enrolled full time at Northwestern University (other than TGS 512). Students must be in their 3rd through 5th years during the period of the appointment and must already be fully funded.
To be considered, applicants must have the approval of their program’s DGS and their primary advisor. A Permission to Work Form must also be completed if offered the position.
Graduate assistants must meet the eligibility requirements set for all students receiving financial aid and must follow all TGS Regulations Governing Recipients of University Assistance.
Please send the following materials to Beth Healey at email@example.com by Monday, January 30:
- a CV.
- a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and qualifications.
- a statement from your DGS verifying that you are eligible for the position and have the support of your home department.
- a statement from your primary advisor confirming they are aware of, and support, your application for this position.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Categories: Broad Interest, Other