Primary and Urgent Care
Student Health Services
Students can access care at both Evanston and Chicago campuses. Appointments are free at both sites for students enrolled in degree seeking programs (other than the School of Professional Studies).
** There may be a fee for laboratory tests, diagnostic exams, and immunizations depending on insurance.
To support the health and wellness of our students, Northwestern University provides primary care, outpatient health services on the Evanston and Chicago campuses.
All full-time students who register for three or four courses or for TGS 588 Resident Master's Study, TGS 500 Advanced Doctoral Study or TGS 512 Continuous Registration are eligible to use the outpatient services. Part-time students may elect to use the health service by special arrangement and payment of a quarterly fee.
Evanston Campus Health Services
633 Emerson Street
Evanston, IL 60208
- General Medicine
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (STI testing, Pap tests for cervical cancer screening, contraception counseling and prescription, men's health concerns, etc.)
- Musculoskeletal and Sports Medicine
- Immunizations and Allergy, Medication Injections
- Laboratory (no cost to NU SHIP holders if sent from Northwestern University Health Services (NUHS))
- X-Ray (no cost to NU SHIP holders if performed at NUHS)
Visits are by appointment via web book through the MyNM app or by calling 847.491.2204. Follow instructions on the health service webpage to register for your MyNM account.
After Hours Nurse Line is open when NUHS is closed; call 847.491.8100 to speak with an after-hours nurse.
Chicago Campus Health Services
675 N. St. Clair Street
- General medicine appointments
- Women’s health appointments
- Physical exams
- Pap smears
- Screening for sexually transmitted infections
- Urgent care appointments
- Referrals to specialists
- Follow-up for chronic medical conditions
- Travel consultations
- Mondays and Wednesdays – Friday : 8:00AM – 5:00PM
- Tuesday : 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- By appointment (same day appointments available)
Urgent medical issues outside of Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM:
- Proceed to your closest hospital emergency room or a Northwestern Medicine Immediate Care Center (ICC)
- You can also call Student Health Services at 312.695.8134 to speak with an on-call student health physician
Please note: to best take advantage of Chicago Campus Health Services, call the Chicago Campus Health Services Office, identify yourself as a Northwestern student, and have your insurance card on hand. If you need medical services outside the student health center, make sure to receive a referral from Health Services.
Medical emergencies: Call 911 or go to nearest hospital emergency room
For urgent psychological or mental health issues, call 847.491.2151 to talk with the Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) counselor on call.