The Graduate School (TGS) works with the Office of Risk Management and the Student Health Insurance Office to provide health insurance to TGS Students. TGS is able to lobby on behalf of the graduate student population, but health insurance policy selections are not made by TGS. Please visit Northwestern's Student Health Insurance page to learn more about insurance for TGS students.
For information on student health insurance subsidies, payment procedures, and enrollment deadlines, review the payments and deadlines page.
Students traveling internationally should review the information posted on the Office of Global Safety and Security’s website, including:
- Travel requirements for graduate students – this page houses the new, updated release for going to countries on the U.S. DOS Travel Warning list
- Comprehensive guidance for all kinds of emergencies abroad
- Advice for travelers with pre-existing health conditions
- Enrollment link for GeoBlue health insurance coverage [required] during travel
- Information related to sexual misconduct abroad
- Specific resources for optimal travel health, safety and security
- Emergency messages for travelers
- Security information resources to register for travel security alerts
For questions or concerns about international travel health, safety, or security, contact the staff of the OGSS.