Navigating the Research Enterprise Seminar Series
The upcoming series offers tools and resources for postdoctoral fellows and early career faculty. It will run from September through December 2019 (subject to change).
Workshop faculty directors and staff include Rick McGee, PhD, associate dean for Professional Development and professor of Medical Education; Bill Lowe, MD, vice dean for Academic Affairs and professor of Medicine-Endocrinology; and Jaime Ziegler, NUCATS Center for Education and Career Development program coordinator.
Below is a listing of the upcoming seminar series with links to the most recent session materials.
Select Mondays September 16 - December 9
12:00 - 1:00 PM
- September 16: Introduction to the Series, Important Resources of NUCATS, & Constructing Your Individual Career Advancement Plan (Lunch will be provided by the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs)
- September 30: NIH Funding Opportunities
- October 7: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the Office of Research Development (ORD) and The Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) at Northwestern University
- October 14: The NIH Grant Review Process
- October 28: Strategies for Writing an Effective NIH 'R' and 'K' Proposal: Part 1
- November 11: Strategies for Writing an Effective NIH 'R' and 'K' Proposal: Part 2
- November 18: Working with the Northwestern Office of Sponsored Research (OSR)
- December 9: For Clinician Scientists: Deciding on and Designing a Strategy to Achieve the Level of Research That Fits Your Career - Consultant, Collaborator, Co-Investigator, or PI