2019 TGS PhD and MFA Hooding Ceremony Deadlines
The 2019 TGS hooding ceremony for PhD and MFA graduates will take place on Thursday, June 20, 2019, at 3:00 PM in Cahn Auditorium.
This ceremony includes PhD and MFA graduates from WCAS, Kellogg, SoC, Feinberg, and TGS interdisciplinary programs. (TGS students in SESP, McCormick, and Bienen are invited to participate in their respective school convocations.)
In order to participate in the hooding ceremony, students must complete/have completed their degree in the 2018–19 academic year: August 2018, December 2018, March 2019, and June 2019. August 2019 graduates who complete all degree requirements on or before May 24, 2019 are also eligible to participate.
- Eligible graduates who wish to participate in the hooding ceremony must complete the Application for a Degree form in CAESAR.
- Log in to CAESAR.
- Click Main Menu, then TGS Forms.
- Navigate to Application for a Degree form.
- August 2019 graduates who will complete all degree requirements on or before May 24, 2019 and wish to participate in the 2019 hooding ceremony should notify TGS Student Services and complete the Application for a Degree form via CAESAR by May 17, 2019.
- Once you complete the Applications for a Degree form, you will receive an Intent to Participate form from The Graduate School.
- The deadline to complete the Intent to Participate form is May 24, 2019.
- The deadline for students to order their regalia is May 10, 2019. After this date, you will need to go to the Norris Bookstore to order your regalia in person. The last day to order regalia in person is May 24, 2019.
- Each participating graduate will invite a current Northwestern graduate faculty member to perform the hooding. Graduate faculty members who are participating in the hooding ceremony will receive an email from The Graduate School with additional details and must request or confirm they have faculty regalia by May 17, 2019.
Categories: From the Dean