ISGMH Graduate Fellow Research Award 2019
The Institute for Sexual and Gender Minority Health and Wellbeing (ISGMH) is a Northwestern University-wide institute dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of sexual and gender minority (SGM) individuals and communities through multidisciplinary research, community engagement, and training. Sexual and gender minorities include lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people – anyone whose sexual or gender identity does not conform to social majority categories of sexual orientation or gender.
ISGMH established the Graduate Fellow Research Award in 2017 to provide opportunities for high-level research and training for the next generation of SGM scholars. This award recognizes and supports the research of Northwestern graduate students in any discipline working on SGM health and wellbeing.
ISGMH will select one Graduate Fellow Research Award recipient for 2019. The recipient will receive $1,000 to support their work related to SGM health and wellbeing.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be currently enrolled as a graduate student at Northwestern University
- Be conducting research on topics of SGM health and wellbeing - ISGMH welcomes applicants from all academic disciplines
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit the following materials in one PDF document with the subject line “LAST NAME ISGMH Graduate Fellow Research Award Application” to Beth Ann Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org (incomplete applications will not be accepted):
- CV (please be sure to note your faculty advisor)
- A brief (no more than 500 words) research narrative describing our research project in SGM health and wellbeing, a timeline, and a brief budget
- The application deadline for this award is Monday, March 18
- The award recipient will be announced in April 2019
- Funds will be available to the award recipient at the beginning of the summer 2019 quarter in June 2019, and will be transferred to the recipient’s academic department
- The recipient of this award will be expected to submit a brief report at the end of the project on the use of award funds. They will also be asked to present their project at an ISGMH event and/or meeting
Categories: Around Campus, Fellowships