Research Computing Services Winter 2019 Workshops
Evanston Campus Workshops: Winter 2019
Workshops are open to all members of the Northwestern community. All workshops are held in Mudd Library classrooms. Free registration is required, and workshop titles link to registration pages with more information.
Computational Skills for Researchers
Learn the skills needed to use Quest, Northwestern's high performance computing system. Series info.
- Command Line: Introduction - Thursday, January 24, 2:00 - 3:30 PM
- Quest: Introduction - Thursday, February 7, 2:00 - 3:30 PM
Eat your lunch while picking up new skills to support your research. Workshops hosted in collaboration with Northwestern University Libraries. Series info.
- Copyright and Fair Use in Practice - Tuesday, January 29, 12:00 - 1:30 PM
- Finding Chemical Information: Substances and Reactions - Wednesday, February 6, 12:00 - 1:00 PM
- Data Storage Options - Tuesday, February 12, 12:00 - 1:30 PM
- Scholarly Blogging with Markdown, Jekyll, and GitHub - Tuesday, February 19, 12:00 - 1:30 PM
- Introduction to Accessing and Using Social Science Data - Tuesday, February 26, 12:00 - 1:00 PM
- Literary Analysis: Introduction - Tuesday, March 5, 12:00 - 1:30 PM
Evanston Campus Groups
Groups generally meet monthly in Mudd Library during the academic year. See the group websites for more details and links to join the email lists.
Northwestern R User Group: Next meeting on January 23, 3:30 PM - Writing and Publishing with R Markdown
Text Analysis Working Group: Next meeting on January 25, 9:00 AM - Topic: tokenizing text and counting words
Love Data Week: February 11-15
Contests (with prizes!), workshops, and more! More details coming soon from Northwestern IT Research Computing Services and Northwestern University Libraries.