Applications Now Open for 2019 Northwestern University-SSRC Dissertation Proposal Development Program
The Graduate School (TGS) is thrilled to announce that applications are open for the 2019 Northwestern University-Social Science Research Council (SSRC) Dissertation Proposal Development Program, an exciting summer research opportunity for second and third year students in the humanities and qualitative social sciences at Northwestern University, University of Illinois-Chicago, and University of Chicago (Chicago Metropolitan Exchange Program universities).
Twenty-four doctoral students will each be awarded up to $5,000 for pre-dissertation research and will participate in faculty-led proposal development workshops. Applications are due Monday, March 4.
- Up to $5,000 funding for 6-10 week summer research trip
- Professional network-building opportunities and guidance in designing effective, interdisciplinary research questions, methodologies, contexts, and interventions
- Interdisciplinary faculty-led workshops: June 17-19, 2019; September 3, 2019; and September 12-15, 2019
- Second- or third-year students in a humanities or qualitative social science PhD program currently crafting (1) dissertation research proposals to their department for approval and/or (2) applications to funding agencies for dissertation research support.
- Available to attend the spring and fall workshops in their entirety and to conduct at least six weeks of summer research between the workshops.
Dissertation Proposal Development Program Information Sessions
Please join The Graduate School (TGS) for an information session on the Northwestern University-Social Science Research Council (SSRC) Dissertation Proposal Development (DPD) program on Tuesday, February 5 from 10:00 - 11:00 AM and Thursday, February 21 from 1:00 - 2:00 PM in TGS Commons.
- Dates: Tuesday, February 5 or Thursday, February 21
- Time: 10:00 - 11:00 AM (2/5) or 1:00 - 2:00 PM (2/21)
- Location: TGS Commons (2122 Sheridan Road, Room 140, Evanston, IL)
Please email Assistant Director for Academic and Strategic Initiatives Stephanie Brehm at email@example.com with any questions.
Categories: Social Sciences, Other