While completing your online application, you will be required to submit one scanned copy of your transcript or academic record from each school you have attended. We do not require official hard or digital copies for the application process. Only applicants recommended for admission that decide to enroll are required to submit official transcripts as part of the enrollment process.
When uploading your transcripts, please be mindful of the following:
- Do not send official transcripts unless you are admitted and intend to enroll at Northwestern University. Official transcripts received before an offer of admission has been made will be discarded.
- Make sure your scanned transcripts are legible. Illegible transcripts will not be reviewed.
- Please include an official English translation to accompany any foreign language transcripts.
- Any fraudulent activity or discrepancies found between uploaded and official transcript(s) will result in the immediate revocation of admission and/or dismissal from Northwestern University.
- If you are recommended for admission and decide to enroll, you will be required to submit one official copy of each of your transcripts to The Graduate School (TGS) Admission Office.
- We do not accept personal copies of transcripts dropped off in our office. Official transcripts must be submitted directly by the issuing institution.