This information applies to the current academic year and is updated periodically. Graduate programs may have additional requirements. In addition to TGS and program policies, graduate students are subject to and should be aware of University policies pertaining to students.
Failure to read this information does not excuse a student from knowing and complying with its content.
Search Policies by Keyword
View policy details
Click on a policy to see detailed requirements and procedures.
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Integrity
- Ad Hoc Combined Degrees
- Certificate Requirements
- Current or Former Students Seeking Admission to a New Program
- Diversity and Nondiscrimination Statement
- General Registration Policies
- Graduation and Diploma Mailing
- Leaves of Absence
- Master's Degree Requirements
- Patent and Invention Policy
- PhD Degree Requirements
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Student Funding Policies
- Student Handbook and Code of Conduct
Changes to policies
Northwestern University reserves the right to change without notice any statement contained on this site concerning, but not limited to, rules, policies, tuition, fees, curricula, and courses. Archives of these policies and procedures for each academic year can be found in the University's Academic Catalog Archives.