Registration Guidelines for Summer 2019
Below are guidelines regarding summer enrollment for students in The Graduate School. If you have any questions that are not answered below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer 2019 registration opened Monday, April 15. Students may register themselves in CAESAR through Sunday, June 23.
I. All students who receive funding over summer must register as follows:
First- and Second-year PhD students who are funded typically enroll in three units of departmental Research 590.
- Students should ensure they are enrolled full-time (3-4 units), otherwise they will not receive summer funding. For information on how to edit existing enrollment and add units, click here.
- 590 courses must be taken on a P/NP grading basis.
- Some students may opt to take language or other courses over the summer. Students should supplement course enrollments with one or two units of 590, as necessary, in order to maintain full-time enrollment.
Third-year and beyond PhD students who are funded typically enroll in TGS 500.
- TGS 500 is 0-unit course that provides full-time status; students do not need to specify number of units when enrolling.
- Some students may opt to take language or other courses over the summer. Students should supplement course enrollments with TGS 500 in order to maintain full-time enrollment. If students receive an error message for having exceeded the unit load, they should email Student Services for assistance.
II. MFA students who are funded typically enroll in TGS 588 (Resident Master’s Study) or some combination of coursework and 590 research enrollments.
III. Students (PhD or Masters) who are not funded do not need to enroll during the summer unless they are:
- An international student and enrollment is required for their visa status (students should consult with the Office of International Students and Scholar Services) or
- Planning to receive or defer student loans during summer and must be registered full time (students should consult with Graduate Financial Aid)
Unfunded students who require summer registration typically enroll in TGS 512. Students in TGS 512 are not charged the TGS activity fee nor are they eligible for the UPass.
Categories: Around Campus