To apply for admission, you must submit an application fee by credit card only. The application fee is $95 and is not refundable. ($150 for McCormick PhD applicants selecting an optional secondary PhD application.)
FAQs - Application Fee
Q. Do you offer application fee waivers?
The Graduate School (TGS) manages an internal fee waiver process, in which applicants are eligible to receive a waiver from our application fee if they meet our criteria.
TGS application fee waivers are reserved for applicants to PhD and MFA programs. In order to qualify, applicants must meet TGS criteria, listed below:
- US citizenship or permanent residency
- An overall undergraduate GPA of at least 3.3 out of 4.0
- Identification as at least one of the following:
- A first-generation college student (neither your parents nor your grandparents has obtained a four-year degree)
- A low-income individual as defined by the US Department of Education
- Participation in GEM, McNair, Mellon Mays, MARC, or Northwestern TGS SROP or IGEN
OR: A veteran or current member of the US Armed Forces
Eligible applicants will have the option to request a waiver as part of the online application submission process. The number of waivers issued each year is limited, and all waivers are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. We will begin to review requests for application waivers for 2017 applications in September 2016. (Please note that any requests made before August 2016 will not be considered.)
If you have any questions, please contact TGS Admission.