Graduate Student Commons
TGS Commons is primarily a study space for TGS students and postdoctoral trainees. TGS students, postdoctoral trainees, and TGS student groups may reserve the room for University-affiliated events and/or meetings. Students must be enrolled full-time with TGS and have a valid Wildcard to access TGS Commons.
COVID-19 Reminder: The University’s expectations for gatherings, meetings, and events must be followed in addition to the policies outlined below. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Location, hours and more
Location and hours
- TGS Commons is located in Seabury Hall on the Evanston Campus at 2122 Sheridan Road, Room 140, Evanston, IL 60201. Enter through the door marked "2122 Sheridan" on either side of the building.
- TGS Commons is accessible by valid Wildcard from 8:00 - 12:00 AM.
- Wireless internet access
- Water cooler
- Keurig coffee and tea
- Multimedia equipment – projector/screen for presentations/films, blu-ray DVD player
- The space can seat 70 and accommodate approximately 100 standing
- TGS Commons may be reserved by currently enrolled, full-time TGS students, postdoctoral trainees, and TGS student groups engaging in University-affiliated events and/or meetings. The event and/or meeting must be intended for TGS students, postdoctoral trainees, and/or TGS student groups.
- The room is accessible by Wildcard scanner. If you have any difficulties accessing TGS Commons with your valid Wildcard, please email email@example.com.
- All doors must be securely closed before, during, and after the event. If the door remains open during the event, it must be monitored at all times.
- Alcohol is only allowed with reservations, permission from TGS, and confirmation from the group that the University Liquor Policy will be followed. Alcohol may only be served by licensed bartenders hired by a caterer with a Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI) registered through the Office of Risk Management.
- When reserving TGS Commons, you will be asked to provide contact information for two individuals who will be responsible for clean-up. If you are unable to provide this information, TGS will request a chartstring so Facilities can be contacted for clean-up after your event. (Please note, vendors are NOT responsible for cleanup.)
- Food and drink are allowed during your event, but all food, napkins, utensils, plates, cups, etc. must be disposed of upon exiting TGS Commons.
- Please leave the room in the same clean condition you found it. Cleaning wipes are available in the kitchen cabinets. Please clean all surfaces that have been used for eating and/or food preparation.
- If you move the furniture, please return it to its original floor plan before you leave.
- If the garbage and/or recycling cans are full, contact Facilities at 847.491.5201 and ask that the bins be emptied after your event.
- If any furniture or equipment is damaged during your event, The Graduate School must be notified immediately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Graduate School is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Reservations are subject to change at the discretion of The Graduate School. TGS-sponsored events may be given priority when needed.
- Reservations are non-transferable, only the organization listed on the TGS Commons Reservation Form may host an event in TGS Commons during the requested time. If you need to cancel or reschedule your reservation for any reason, please notify The Graduate School at email@example.com.
- Failure to follow these policies may result in not being able to reserve TGS Commons in the future.
Reserving TGS Commons
TGS Commons may be reserved for University-affiliated events and/or meetings only.