Students at Chicago Campus openhouse 2015

Other Institutional Resources

In addition to University assistance, students may explore other opportunities as described below. Please note: Any outside employment will likely impact a student’s funding package. Please see the Regulations Governing Recipients of University Assistance for more information.

Employment at Northwestern University

Positions as residence hall assistants or residence hall coordinators are available for qualified graduate students. Learn more at the Office of University Residential Life.

The eleven undergraduate residential colleges at Northwestern University offer select graduate positions as college associates and assistant chairs. Students may serve as assistant chairs while holding University fellowships or teaching assistantships. Learn more from the Office of Residential Academic Initiatives. 

Part- and full-time positions are available with the various Northwestern University offices. Learn more from Human Resources. 

Employment Outside the University

Students may also obtain placement assistance for employment outside the University through Northwestern Career Advancement (NCA).

Veterans' Benefits

Students planning to attend Northwestern University and wishing to claim veteran benefits should make inquiries at the Office of the Registrar, specifically Charmaine Nicholson: 847-491-8465