TGS Diversity Peer Mentor Program
The Graduate School's Diversity Peer Mentor Program is designed to help first-year PhD students from diverse backgrounds become acclimated to Northwestern. TGS Diversity Peer Mentors will serve as an additional resource to incoming PhD students and provide support, encouragement, and information as our new students embark on this new academic journey.
- Mentors must be a current TGS doctoral student in good academic standing.
- Mentees must be an incoming, first-year TGS doctoral student.
- Mentors must commit to the mentoring program for at least one year.
- Attend all program events: fall coffee chat, winter lunch, and spring luncheon
- Mentors attend TGS Diversity Peer Mentor Training
- Maintain regular communication with mentor/mentee
- Complete quarterly reflective writing assignments
- Expand your network and build cross-campus relationships
- Enhance your resume/CV
Questions? Email: TGSDiversity@northwestern.edu