SROP Research Guidelines
Expectations for participating students
SROP participants must be prepared to make a full-time commitment to their research. Participants are expected to:
- Contact their faculty mentor before the start of the summer session to discuss the research project and ask for reading material.
- Work on their research for at least 30-40 hours per week.
- Meet with their faculty mentor on a weekly basis.
- Attend all activities and events published in the SROP Calendar.
- Complete and submit all assignments, evaluations, and other documents on time.
- Prepare and submit a research paper based on the SROP project.
- Prepare and deliver an oral or poster presentation at the SROP Research Forum.
- Refrain from taking classes (academic classes or test prep classes) and working a job during the SROP session.
Expectations for faculty mentors
- Help design and monitor the full-time research project for their student.
- Work with the student on an abstract, outline, rough draft, and final paper based on the research.
- Work with the student on an oral or poster presentation in preparation for the SROP Research Forum.
- Permit time in the student's research schedule for meetings required of all SROP participants.
- Provide a detailed evaluation of the student's performance at the mid-point and end of the program.