Introduction to Graduate Education (IGEN)
September 30 – October 2, 2021
The Graduate School at Northwestern University's Office of Diversity and Inclusion is pleased to announce that applications are now open for our 2021 Introduction to Graduate Education at Northwestern (IGEN), which will be held Thursday, September 30 – Saturday, October 2. The application deadline is Thursday, August 26.
Introduction to Graduate Education at Northwestern (IGEN) is a program for diverse rising juniors and seniors interested in doctoral study. The 2021 IGEN program will be held either virtually or in person at Northwestern University. We expect to provide more information about the format by mid-July. IGEN includes a visit to Northwestern’s Chicago and Evanston, IL campuses, where prospective students will network with faculty, staff, and current students from doctoral programs.
All IGEN participants will receive an application fee waiver for doctoral programs in TGS.
- Interest in a PhD program at Northwestern University
- US citizen, permanent resident, or DACA recipient
- Undergraduate student - rising junior or senior
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Prior research experience
- Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) and students of marginalized social identities are encouraged to apply.
- Diverse students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs), and Tribal Colleges are encouraged to apply.