Introduction to Graduate Education (IGEN)
October 1-3, 2020
The Graduate School (TGS) hosts an annual Introduction to Graduate Education at Northwestern (IGEN) for diverse rising juniors and seniors interested in doctoral study in a STEM or quantitative discipline (accounting, economics, finance, marketing, psychology, statistics, etc.). This fully-funded, two-day visit to Northwestern’s Chicago and Evanston campuses familiarizes visitors with our graduate programs, faculty, staff, and students while providing insight into the life of a PhD student.
All IGEN participants will receive round-trip travel to Northwestern, lodging, and an application fee waiver for doctoral programs in TGS.
- Interest in STEM, Social Behavioral Sciencesand Humanities (PhD) program
- US citizen, permanent resident, or DACA recipient
- Undergraduate student - rising junior or senior
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale
- Prior research experience
- Diverse students from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs), and Tribal Colleges are strongly encouraged to apply