Willy the Wildcat posing with a fan


A Northwestern University identification card (Wildcard) is issued to each student by the Wildcard office. Your Wildcard is your photo identification card and your all-purpose card on campus. Use it at the library, recreational facilities, student elections, Norris University Center and at campus events.

Information is available at the Wildcard office in Norris University Center, underground level, on the Evanston campus, and at the University Services (support services) office in Abbott Hall, Room 100, on the Chicago campus.

Lost or stolen ID cards are replaced after a $15 fee has been paid. Broken or damaged cards will be replaced at no charge (providing the damaged card is returned). 

Spouse/Domestic Partner Benefits

Spouses and domestic partners of Northwestern University graduate students are eligible to receive a Northwestern ID card. This ID card is not a Wildcard and does not allow spouses/partners to ride the Intercampus shuttle, but does allow spouses/partners to receive discounts and access the library. Find more information on the Wildcard website.

  • Spouse/Partner ID Cards are not issued during Wildcat Welcome Week.
  • A marriage certificate or the Declaration of Same-Gender Domestic Partner Relationship Form must be presented in order to request the card.
  • For a list of benefits associated with the ID card and a complete set of instructions for obtaining an ID card, please visit the “Spouses and domestic partners of students” section of the Wildcard website.

Domestic partners/spouses of graduate students may also obtain (by filling out a form) library borrowing privileges and may receive discounts at the Henry Crown Sports Pavilion and other gyms on campus.