Kellogg Seeking Postdoctoral Fellow and Research Assistant Professor
The Kellogg School of Management is seeking exceptional candidates for full-time, academic research positions at the rank of postdoctoral fellow or research assistant professor, depending on experience. Candidates will be housed in the Center for Science of Science and Innovation. Kellogg has a broadly defined research agenda, exploring diverse topics related to Science of Science, Innovation, AI, Computational Social Science, and Network Science. The initial term of these positions is one year with the possibility of renewal. Fall 2020 is the target start date, though considering disruptions by COVID-19, Kellogg is also prepared to be flexible.
Kellogg's priority is to attract technically strong researchers who are also interested in asking bold, new questions with data. Candidates must have a proven record of publications in top-tier journals and conferences and need to have completed projects that demonstrate a proven ability to work with data.
- PhD in fields including applied mathematics, complex systems, statistical physics, network science, economics, computational social science, or other related fields
- Completion of upper-level (undergraduate) and/or graduate-level coursework involving computer programming
- Participation and activity in the scientific community
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment
Applications should include:
- Cover letter, describing your interest in and qualifications for this position
- Curriculum vitae (including publications list)
- Two published papers or equivalent writing samples that you are most proud of and which best demonstrate your expertise and fit for the position
- One research statement ﴾2-4 pages﴿ that outlines both your research achievements and agenda, and your service and outreach activities and plans.
- The names and contact information of three letter writers
- A link to a professional webpage and Google scholar page (if applicable).
Applications should be submitted online:
- Click here to submit a postdoc application:
- Click here to submit a research assistant professor application.
Applications will be accepted until filled. Initial screening will begin on Friday, May 15. Candidates are encouraged to get email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, especially if related to potential delays/uncertainties caused by COVID-19.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.