Graduate Student Opportunities in the Undergraduate Residential Experience for 2020–21 Academic Year
Do you enjoy working with undergraduates? Are you interested in a rewarding employment opportunity on campus? The Office of Residential Academic Initiatives anticipates several openings for graduate students during the 2020–21 academic year.
Graduate students who previously served in these roles enthusiastically and consistently report the following outcomes from this professional and personal development experience:
- understanding and working with undergraduates
- networking with colleagues and faculty from different schools and fields
- improving their ability to teach
- finding a supportive community outside of their department
- improving their organizational effectiveness
Openings are available in two different positions:
- Residential College Assistant Chair, which centers on engagement with undergraduate students and advising student leaders in one of Northwestern’s residential colleges
- Graduate Assistant to the Faculty-in-Residence, which involves engagement with undergraduate students but focuses on providing programmatic support to a live-in faculty member in one of Northwestern’s residential areas
In addition to an annual stipend allocated through monthly paychecks, September-June inclusively, employed students have access to a provided campus office. They also have access to meals during academic quarters to engage with students, staff, and faculty affiliated with their communities.
Informational session(s) about these positions can be held online (Zoom).
More information about each position and application processes are available through the following links:
All applications must be received electronically by 4:00 PM on Thursday, April 30.
Additional questions? Email Nancy Anderson, Associate Director of the Office of Residential Academic Initiatives.