Novartis Innovation Fellow Application Open
The Novartis Innovation Postdoctoral Fellowship offers aspiring drug hunters a unique opportunity to join the teams at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR), the innovation engine of Novartis. Mentored by experienced NIBR scientists, Innovation Fellows will gain first-hand experience in the design and development of breakthrough therapies and innovative technologies. Novartis is looking for Innovation Fellows who will harness their scientific creativity and natural curiosity to help bring transformative treatments to patients.
The call for applications is open until Tuesday, April 14 in Cambridge, MA, and Friday, April 24 in Basel, Switzerland.
- Program duration: two to three years
- Mentorship & access to technology: Innovation Fellows will drive a multi-year research project under the mentorship of distinguished NIBR scientists and have access to NIBR state-of-the-art technology platforms to achieve their research goals
- Curriculum: at the start of their Fellowship, Innovation Fellows will attend a comprehensive training series (boot camp), including dedicated courses covering the fundamentals of drug discovery and development as well as a communication skill workshop
- Short-term rotations: Innovation Fellows will participate in a tailored rotation schedule in both scientific- and business-related disciplines to broaden their exposure and skillset
- Fireside chats with local leading scientists and entrepreneurs
- Community: Innovation Fellows will join our vibrant postdoctoral community for dedicated events, including the monthly postdoctoral seminars and our annual Research Day Symposium
Who are the Innovation Fellows?
- Early-career scientists (MD and/or PhD), with terminal degree received within the last three years (students graduating in the next five months are eligible to apply)
- Dedicated to translating scientific discoveries into medicines that improve human health
- All scientific and technical disciplines welcome (biology, chemical biology, chemistry, computational and data sciences, and more)
- Strong publication record or other scientific achievements (i.e. awards, patents)
- Entrepreneurial mindset and boundless curiosity
How to Apply
- Novartis will accept applications through Tuesday, April 14 for their Cambridge, MA site and from until Friday, April 24 for the Basel site
- Please submit your CV and cover letter for consideration and include a potential area of unmet medical need where you believe you could make an impact
- All applications will be evaluated by a review team comprised of NIBR discipline experts
- Candidates selected as finalists will be invited to our Cambridge, MA or Basel campus for an all-day interview in June 2020. New Innovation Fellows will start in September 2020
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.