NIH KUH/NIDDK Transition Award Applications Due May 18
Are you a graduate student interested in a doctoral to postdoctoral transitional program?
The Office of Fellowships and The Graduate School are seeking interested applicants for the National Institutes for Health (NIH) F99/K00 Kidney, Urologic, and Hematologic/National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (KUH/NIDDK) transition award.
This funding opportunity seeks to attract outstanding graduate students in PhD or equivalent programs who have the desire to transition from their current PhD training program into postdoctoral positions in the Kidney, Urologic, or Hematologic sciences (K, U, and H). The F99/K00 award provides up to two years of funding to complete the PhD training (F99 phase) and facilitates a stable transition into three-four years of mentored postdoctoral work (K00 phase).
- US citizen or non-citizen national, US lawful permanent resident, non-US citizen with a valid US visa
- Must have completed their candidacy exam and be at the dissertation stage at the time of the award
- Extremely high academic performance in the sciences
- Commitment to a career as an independent researcher in the Kidney, Urologic, or Hematologic sciences (K, U, or H).
- Willingness to transition from a variety of fields, including but not limited to engineering, statistics, data sciences, imaging, biochemistry, and genetics into a postdoctoral position in K, U, or H research. The current dissertation research cannot be in K, U, or H fields. It is expected that the K00 research project will take a different direction than the F99 research project.
Only one nominee per institution is allowed, therefore, all interested students who submit complete applications by the Northwestern internal deadline will be subjected to an internal nomination process, where a faculty committee will select the one nominee.
If you are interested, please email to Latanya V. Williams, associate director of STEM programs, Office of Fellowships for complete instructions and a list of the required documents needed for the internal nomination process.
The Northwestern internal deadline is Monday, May 18 at 12:00 PM. All application materials must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by this date.