VATAT Fellowships for International Visiting Students
The Weizmann Institute of Science (WIS) Planning and Budgeting Committee (VATAT) will award in 2018/2019 a few special fellowships to outstanding visiting students.
Winners of this special fellowship will be awarded NIS 6,665 per month for up to 12 months (see conditions below).
Application Deadline: October 31
- PhD students from institutions of higher learning abroad.
- Non-Israeli citizens.
- Beyond the first year of their studies.
- Arrival at the WIS between August 1, 2018 and February 28, 2019.
- The length of stay at the WIS must be between 6-12 months (at least 9 months if the starting date is before November 1, 2018).
Important: The relevant dates for this purpose are those stipulated in the original visiting student application submitted to the Feinberg Graduate School (FGS).
Notes Concerning Payment: While it is possible to nominate candidates, who started their stay before November 1, 2018 – payment of fellowship will start from November 2018 for a maximum of 12 months.
- CV including list of publications.
- A letter of support from the PhD advisor (including a statement that the stay at the WIS is an integral part of the visitor’s doctoral research and thesis).
- A letter of support from the host at the WIS (including a short description of the project carried out at the WIS and how is it relevant to the PhD thesis of the visitor).
How to Nominate
- Click here and use your username and password to access the system
- Select the relevant CALL
- Select the name of your visiting student / applicant (from the list)
- Upload the candidate's CV
- Upload your own letter of recommendation
- Input the name of your colleague who will submit a letter of recommendation. If you have at your disposal the recommendation letter sent to you by your colleague, then you may upload it yourself. Otherwise, upon completing the session and clicking the SUBMIT CHANGES button the system will send you an email with a unique link for the referees you have listed. You may send the referee the link and they will be able to access the system and submit their letter (no username and password will be required).
- You may access the system as many times as you wish, view the existing files and upload additional ones until the deadline mentioned below. Thereafter the particular CALL will be blocked.
- Each time you click the SUBMIT CHANGES button the system will send you a reminder with a list of the missing documents and letters.
- Another reminder will be sent to you three days before the deadline.
- Please notify the FGS in case you encounter a problem during submission.
- Incomplete files will NOT be reviewed.