Professional Development is a key component of graduate and postdoctoral training grant programs at Northwestern. The Graduate School, the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, and the Training Grant Support Office collaborate with University and program partners to support the professional development of graduate students and postdoctoral trainees in six key areas:
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Teaching and Mentoring
- Research Skills and Literacies
- Personal Development and Well-Being
- Career Preparation and Exploration
Program directors and trainees can learn more about opportunities to develop skills in each of these areas with the TGS Professional Development tool. The tool enables users to quickly and easily explore all the skill-building opportunities available at Northwestern and identify the specific programs and resources that can help trainees achieve their unique professional development goals.
- Explore professional development opportunities for graduate students here.
- Explore professional development opportunities for postdoctoral trainees here.