Training Grant Support
NIH Guidance on Policies Affected by COVID-19
FAQs related to trainee funding: https://grants.nih.gov/faqs#/search/650/NRSA
General FAQs related to training grants: https://grants.nih.gov/faqs#/covid-19.htm?anchor=55860
FAQs related to proposal submission and award management: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-20-083.html
The Training Grant Support Office (TGSO) supports Northwestern University in the preparation of institutional training grant applications—both new applications and renewals—submitted to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Science Foundation (NSF), Department of Education (DoEd) and other funding agencies. TGSO also serves active training grant programs by providing information, answering questions and helping resolve issues.
Explore training grants at Northwestern
- Data management and proposal data table production involving institution-wide and TGSO-tracked data including biosketch collection, faculty training and funding records, applicant pool data, and more
- Proposal development aids
- Coordination of special funding/commitment requests made to The Graduate School in support of the training grant. Please see more on TGS training grant funding.
- Sharing of best practices, resources, and tips
- Information on funding agency and NU policies and procedures
- Communications on training grant related matters
- Assistance in resolving training grant-related issues
- Special training grant-related projects
Faculty considering applying for a new training grant – or submitting a competing renewal application for a training grant – are encouraged to email TGSO right away. We can support you from the very start in creating a successful proposal.