The Presidential Fellowship is funded by the President of the University and awarded by The Graduate School. This highly competitive award is the most prestigious fellowship awarded by Northwestern.
The Presidential Fellows:
- Receive support for their own research
- Become members of the Northwestern Society of Fellows (which includes former members and distinguished faculty members)
- Attend quarterly Society dinners and lunches
- Plan and present a speaker series
- Attend an annual fall retreat
- Lead discussions or seminars during gatherings of the Society
- Serve as affiliates of the Undergraduate Cross-Honors Colloquium
- Participate in community outreach activities
- Coordinate annual speaker series
- May become a graduate associate of an undergraduate residential college
Learn more about becoming a Presidential Fellow in our Funding section.