The office is located at The Graduate School, 633 Clark Street, North Tower, Room 1-575, Evanston campus.
The attorney is available from 10am-4pm on selected dates of each month. Appointments are highly recommended. Please send an email to Bianca Allen email@example.com to schedule an appointment in advanced. During the days on which the attorney is in the office, you may call 847-467-4LAW (4529) or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to check the attorney's availability for that day. Walk-in students are also welcome based upon availability.
- July 28
- August 11
- August 25
EligibilityAll currently enrolled, full-time Northwestern University graduate students and Kellogg MBA students are eligible to receive legal consultation. The office is funded by The Graduate School and the Kellogg Graduate School of Management through proceeds from student activity fees. Students enrolled full-time but not charged the activity fee, i.e. TGS - 512, are not eligible. Student Legal Services provides its services at no additional charge to students.
The office is able to advise students on most legal issues. In its discretion, the office may decline to provide legal consultation due to a conflict of interest (e.g., issues relating to Northwestern University, student groups, other Northwestern University students or attorney conflicts).
- Students are entitled to one appointment per legal issue.
- Each appointment is up to one hour in length.
- If the student’s matter requires further legal assistance, the office will advise the student to retain an attorney to handle the student’s matter to completion.
- The Student Legal Services office does not provide legal advice by telephone or via e-mail.
- Intellectual property questions will not be handled by this office and should be directed to the INVO office: http://www.invo.northwestern.edu/
The following list is a non-exclusive list of legal issues addressed by the Student Legal Services office*:
Lease and sublease review
Municipal ordinance violations
False identification matters
Credit and debt problems
Dissolution of marriage
Medical billing issues
Employment contract review
Consumer rights issues
* Communications made between a student client and the attorney will be protected under attorney-client confidentiality rules in accordance with the Illinois Rules of Professional Conduct. If a student’s matter requires further legal assistance, upon request, the Student Legal Services office can assist the student in locating an attorney suitable to the student’s needs.
Notary Public Services
Notary services are available for students Monday - Friday at a number of different locations throughout campus. Hours and locations are as follows:
Notaries at Depository Services, 619 Clark Street, 1st Floor
Bursars office is open M-F 8:30-4:00
Cindy Dalton 847.491.5343
Maria Madayag 847.491.5343
Notaries at Norris Center, 1999 Campus Drive, 1st Floor
Cashiers office is open M-F 9:00-4:00
Frank Zambrano 847.491.8655
Notaries at Scott Hall, 601 University Pl , Lower level
Univ. Residential Life hrs are M-F 8:30-4:00 Lesa Darcy 847.491.3541