Graduate Student Commons
Evanston Campus Graduate Student Commons
The room is accessible by WildCARD scanner from 8AM to 12AM, Monday through Friday. From 5PM- 11PM, the room may be reserved for special events or meetings. Note: Your WildCARD must be current to access the room. If your WildCARD has been replaced, please report this to The Graduate School so your new WildCARD number can be added to the scanner.
- Wireless internet access
- Water cooler
- Coffee, tea and cocoa
- Multimedia equipment including projector/screen for presentations/films, blu-ray DVD player
- The Graduate Student Commons has at least 60 seats and can accommodate at least 100 standing.
- Students may use the adjacent kitchen, accessible via the hallway North of the Commons. The doorway between the kitchen and the commons is locked.
- Do not prop open the doors to the Commons. All students must swipe their valid WildCARD to enter. The door will automatically lock when it closes; please be certain to take your WildCARD with you if you leave the room.
- The Commons may be reserved at certain times for meetings or special events - see below.
- Do not leave personal belongings unattended.
- If you move the furniture, please return it to its original configuration.
- Podium equipment may be used during meetings and events. Instructions for use are on the podium. Report any problems with the podium or AV equipment to The Graduate School: 847-491-5279.
- Alcohol is allowed only with a reservation, permission from TGS and confirmation that the University liquor policy is being followed is required.
Please e-mail Bianca Allen to reserve the Commons for a meeting or event. Reservations should be made one week in advance. Reservations for events/meetings should mostly be made for the evening, but on occasion we allow these events/meetings in the Commons during the day. Please note that the Commons will be open to students during day hours, even if the room is reserved, with the exception of select events (at the discretion of TGS).
Please provide a brief description of your event and the following information when requesting to use the Commons.
- Event Name
- Event Type
- Sponsoring Organization
- Date and Time
- Head Count
- Plans to use the A/V Equipment
Weekend reservations for the Graduate Student Commons are available although the doors to the Seabury building will be locked. The Registrar will notify University Police of your reserved weekend event and ask them to unlock the doors, but students should be prepared to arrive early and contact the University Police (non-emergency number: 847-491-3456) to unlock the building doors in case they are locked. The Graduate Student Commons will still be accessible with a valid WildCARD.Location: Enter through the door marked "2122 Sheridan" on the south side of the building (Garrett driveway-facing). Follow building signs to "2nd floor classrooms." Enter through the door that leads to Registrar classrooms on 2nd floor. Please do not enter building from Sheridan Road or through the door with the "600 Haven Street" address.
Chicago Campus Graduate Student Commons
- Wireless internet
- Small refrigerator
- Seating for about 15
Questions, problems with WildCARD access, or suggestions should be directed to Penny Warren.