International Conference Travel

Graduate Student International Travel

Students travelling internationally for conferences, research, or other professional activities should be aware of the following requirements and resources:

  • HTH International Insurance: Northwestern University requires all students participating in international educational activities facilitated, sponsored, endorsed, or administered by the University to obtain health insurance from HTH Worldwide.
  • International SOS: Those traveling internationally should register with International SOS for travel information, travel warnings, evacuation assistance, and more.
  • Students traveling to a State Department Travel Warning country must file a signed release with Risk Management.

For additional information about travelling abroad, contact Julie Anne Friend, Associate Director for International Safety and Security.