Conference Travel Grant
Please note: Applications are being considered for travel starting on September 1, 2012 or after. For travel starting on or after September 1, please submit your application at least 30 days in advance.
- Students must apply 30 days prior to the first date of travel.
- Funds for travel are awarded for the academic year starting September 1 and ending August 31 (or until funds are depleted). Funds for travel after September 1 cannot be awarded until the new fiscal year (after September 1). Students who are attending conferences after September 1st must still apply 30 days in advance.
- Under no circumstances will approval be given retroactively if an application is submitted after the conference has begun.
The Conference Travel Grant (CTG) provides funds to assist PhD and MFA students traveling to conferences and/or seminars to make presentations on behalf of the University. The grant is not intended to support attending courses at other schools, research or general educational travel.
- Students must be registered and in good academic standing in PhD or MFA programs administered by The Graduate School and within their degree time limitation.
- Students must have completed at least three quarters of full-time study in their PhD or MFA program.
- Students are eligible for a maximum of two grants up to $500/$700 (depending on discipline - see below) over the entire course of their graduate career.
- Students are eligible to receive one grant per fiscal year.
- Students must have received commitments from other University sources (the home department or school) to partially cover the costs of the conference or seminar. The school or department must commit at least $200 towards expenses.
- Student must be the primary presenter at the conference and must provide a copy of the invitation to present.
- Funds will not be awarded retroactively.
- Students must apply 30 days in advance of the first day of travel.
The maximum Conference Travel Grant is:
- $500 for students in McCormick, Feinberg, WCAS Division I, NUIN, and related interdisciplinary programs
- $700 for students in all other schools and divisions
- Click here to access the Conference Travel Grant application
- If this is your first time using the WizeHive‐powered Conference Travel Grant application, please create an account in the “Signup” section. Even if you’ve submitted a CTG application in the past, but have not yet used this application interface, you’ll need to create an account. (If you’ve already used WizeHive to submit a CTG application in the past, use the “Login” fields, using the same email and password you used to create your initial WizeHive account).
- Fill out all fields.
- When you have finished filling out the application, click the “Submit” and “Checkout” radio buttons at the bottom of the form. (Note: If you select “Save Draft” your application will be saved and you can return to edit/complete your application at a later date, but it will NOT be available for review by your program or TGS until you Submit and Checkout)
- After you Submit and Checkout, an email confirmation will be sent to you and the appropriate contact for your program who must review and approve your application.
- Your program’s CTG contact will receive an email once you Submit the online application form. Program approval indicates that the department has vetted the application and committed financial support. Please coordinate approval of financial support with your program's graduate contact before submitting an online application form.
- Once your program has reviewed your application, it will be sent to The Graduate School. An application is not approved unless it is approved by both your program and The Graduate School.