TGS Catalyst Grant
Applications should be submitted electronically via email in the quarter prior to the scheduled event(s):
- Deadline for Winter Quarter events: Friday, October 12, 2012
- Deadline for Spring Quarter Events: Friday, February 8, 2013
- Deadline for Summer Quarter Events: Friday, April 19, 2013
- Deadline for Fall Quarter Events: Friday, June 28, 2013
The Graduate School's Catalyst Grant provides students, faculty, and academic programs with resources to support new programs and events that benefit graduate students. Applications are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- The number of graduate students who will benefit from the program/event and the extent to which they will be involved;
- How much visibility the program/event will bring to the University, The Graduate School, and/or the department;
- Sufficient level of support from other sources (department, school, centers, etc…);
- Will the grant catalyze a new initiative? The goal of the grant is to provide seed funding, rather than to provide ongoing support for established programs/events.
The maximum amount of funding available is $3,000 per project/event. Requests to fund ongoing, long running, established or continuous events will be considered unresponsive to the goals of the Catalyst mechanism.
The committee will notify applicants approximately four weeks following the deadline. Groups that are awarded funds are expected to supply a chart string into which funds can be transferred. Funds must be administered by the department/program hosting the project/event.
Questions can be directed to Kate Veraldi