Summer Research Opportunity Program
The Summer Research Opportunity Program (SROP) is an eight-week competitive research experience at Northwestern University for sophomores and juniors from colleges and universities across the United States. All fields of research at Northwestern are open to SROP participants including the social sciences and humanities, physical sciences, chemical and biological sciences, technology, math and engineering fields.
The 2016 Summer Research Opportunity Program will be held from June 20-August 11. The application will open in November 2015 and completed applications will be due in February 2016. To submit an application please visit https://apps.cic.net/SROPApplication/Acct/Login.aspx. If you have any questions regarding the application please contact email@example.com.
Each student chosen to participate in the SROP will receive:
- A $4000 stipend
- Round trip travel to Northwestern
- University housing (single rooms)
- A meal subsidy of $450 (not intended to cover all meals)
To be considered for acceptance into SROP, you must:
- Be a current sophomore or junior.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Have an interest in pursuing a doctoral degree (PhD) at Northwestern University. Those interested in pursuing an MBA, JD, or MD are not eligible.
Those belonging to groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in graduate education (e.g., certain racial and ethnic minorities, women in STEM, first-generation college students, etc.) are encouraged to apply to participate.
Early Admission Decision Program
Rising seniors who demonstrate that they have the potential to succeed in a Northwestern PhD program may be invited to participate in the Early Admission Decision Program. This program enables prospective students to apply by October 1, participate in interviews without submitting GRE scores, and renders an admission decision by November 1.