The Graduate School (TGS) has a space for general use by TGS graduate students and postdocs to study, to host small group gatherings, to reserve for formal academic presentations, etc., called TGS Commons. Graduate students must be enrolled full-time in TGS and have a valid WildCARD to access the Commons.
Evanston Campus TGS Commons
2122 Sheridan Road Evanston, IL 60201, (1st floor) - Map it
Enter through the door marked "2122 Sheridan" on the south side of the building (Garrett driveway-facing). Please do not enter building from Sheridan Road or through the door with the "600 Haven Street" address.
- Wireless internet access
- Water cooler
- Coffee, tea and cocoa
- Multimedia equipment – projector/screen for presentations/films, blu-ray DVD player
- The space has at least 70 seats and can accommodate approximately 100 standing
- Do not prop open the doors to the Commons. All students must swipe their valid WildCARD to enter. The door will automatically lock when it closes, so please be certain to take your WildCARD with you if you leave the room.
- The Commons may be reserved at certain times for meetings or special events - see “Reserving the Commons."
- Do not leave personal belongings unattended. The Graduate School is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- If you move the furniture, please return it to its original floorplan before you leave.
- Podium equipment may be used during meetings and events. Instructions for use are on the podium. Please report any problems with the podium or AV equipment to TGS by calling 847-491-5279.
- Alcohol is allowed only with a reservation, permission from TGS and confirmation that the University liquor policy is being followed as required.
The room is accessible by WildCARD scanner from 8AM to 12AM, Monday through Friday. From 5PM-11PM, the room may be reserved for special events or meetings. Please see instructions here.
Note: Your WildCARD must be current to access the room. If your WildCARD has been replaced, please report it to TGS so your new WildCARD number can be added to the scanner.
Chicago Campus Abbott Hall Conference Room
Abbott Hall, 710 N. Lake Shore Drive Chicago, IL 60611, Room 332 (3rd floor) - Map It
- Internet access/In-house computer
- Video conference
- Conference phone
- Small refrigerator
- Seating for 12/10 extra chairs for perimeter seating
- Foldaway tables
7 AM-10 PM