Taking Courses at Other Universities

Students who wish to register for classes at other universities may do so via two programs:

These programs enable a full-time graduate student in any of the participating universities to register for courses at other institutions upon the recommendation of the student's advisor and with prior agreement between the advisor and the course instructor. This applies equally for graduate credit bearing courses whether taught on-line or in conventional formats. Applications must be finalized at least six weeks prior to the start of classes at the host university. 

Graduate students interested in the Traveling Scholar Program or the Chicago Metropolitan Exchange Program must first consult their advisor who will determine whether the off-campus opportunity is likely to enhance the student’s course of study and ascertain that it is not, in fact, available on the home campus. Questions should be directed to Antoaneta Condurat.