Childbirth Accommodation Policy
The Graduate School's childbirth accommodation policy provides academic milestone extensions to eligible women graduate students. In addition, it provides continued financial support to funded graduate students who give birth during their eligibility.
- During this period, students may postpone course assignments, examinations and other academic requirements but remain eligible for enrollment and retain access to university facilities (including university housing, student health insurance, etc...)
- Any funded student granted this accommodation must maintain her regular coursework and/or research registrations during this period.
- This accommodation period will provide for an automatic extension of academic milestones for two academic quarters during which the same access provisions apply.
- Students receiving a financial accommodation must maintain their regular coursework and/or research registrations during this period. The funding source for the student’s aid at the time of childbirth (University, foundation, governmental) will be responsible to fund the student during the 6-week accommodation period.
- Eligible graduate students are required to notify their advisor/primary investigator, the Director of Graduate Study in their program, and TGS of the date of their intended time away at least sixty days prior to the expected date of childbirth. Students must indicate their intent via TGS Forms in CAESAR by submitting a Petition for Absence for Family Leave specifically stating they wish to make use of the Childbirth Accommodation Policy.